- ❝I can't be let off the hook, because I might just get the notion that it's OK to keep running❞
- —Joey declaring her love to Pacey
Five years have passed and everyone is reunited in Capeside for a special wedding, but the happy reunion is cut short after the group learns that one of their own has been harboring a heartbreaking secret.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Mary Beth Peil as Grams
Special Guest Star
- ❝Lilly – What's a soulmate?
- Dawson – It's uh... Well, it's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person. Actually, they don't make you a better person, you do that yourself because they inspire you. A soul mate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you'll always love her. Nothing can ever change that. Make sense?❞
- ―Life, the universe and everything
- ❝It's not about getting it right... It's about knowing when it's wrong and doing something about it❞
- —Andie to Pacey
- ❝It's interesting how people use that expression, life and death. As if to imply that life is the opposite of death, but birth is the opposite of death. Life...has no opposite❞
- Michelle Williams added the 'love to the tips of your fingers' bit to her monologue.
- Pacey and Joey watching The Creek was the last scene shot. Pacey's tears are actually the actor emotional over the end of the series.
- Kevin Williamson's childhood friend, who Joey is based on, recently had a child at the time of writing the finale, inspiring Williamson to give Jen a baby in the series finale.
- Greg Berlanti wrote pieces of dialogue as well.
- angel | SARAH MCLACHLAN
- hand in my pocket | ALANIS MORISSETTE
- Jen and Pacey watch the season 1 intro credits
- healing hands | MARC COHN
- green apples | CHANTAL KREVIAZUK
- hands | JEWEL
- Montage after Jen dies
- say goodnight | BETH NIELSEN CHAPMAN
- the end