- ❝Joseph McPhee – You are not gay!
- Jack – Yes, I am! I see the way you look at me and I know you know❞
THE TRUTH AND ITS CONSEQUENCES – On Dawson's (James Van Der Beek) advice, Joey (Katie Holmes) attempts to heal the wounds of her new romance with Jack (Kerr Smith) left shattered by rumor and innuendo, but when Jack confronts his innermost secrets, their lives and everyone's close to them will never be the same again. Meanwhile, for the first time in his life, Pacey (Joshua Jackson) stands up for what he believes in when he takes on an abusive teacher, but the consequences of his convictions are more than he could have imagined.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Mary Beth Peil as Evelyn Ryan
Special Guest Stars
- ❝Here I am, single, sandwiched in between two women who both dumped me❞
- —Dawson to Jen and Joey
- ❝You're the only son I have now, Jack. You don't have Tim to hide behind anymore. People notice you now❞
- —Joseph McPhee
- ❝If Jack is gay, he does not need your judgement, young man. The Lord above will be the one to judge him, as He will all of us. What he needs from you, from me, from everyone else in this world is love and tolerance. If anything, that boy must feel scared and alone, and he will need the understanding of his fellow man to help him through this. Let's save judgement for someone much more experienced than you❞
- —Grams to Ty
- ❝Pacey, I've been meaning to tell you something for a while now... Thank you❞
- ❝Respect is not commanded through fear; it's earned through compassion❞
- ❝I place this unfair burden on people so they can... save me from myself. But I realise that I don't need a knight in shining armor❞
- —Andie apologising to Pacey
- ❝When I wrote that poem... it clicked something inside of me that has been quiet for so long❞
- —Jack telling Joey
- This is the second part of a two-part storyline of the character Jack McPhee telling his family that he is gay.
- Pacey researches the state bylaws to have Mr. Peterson reprimanded for his reprehensible conduct. Pacey is awesome.
- Jenifer Kruskamp performs calling you by BOB TELSON, queen bee by BARBRA STREISAND and a sunday kind of love by BELLE, LEONARD, RHODES & PRIMA.
- tell me | AUDRA & ALAYNA
- Dawson meets Jen and Ty
- waterfall | THE DIN PEDALS
- Jack calls Joey
- where are you tonight? | THE DEVLINS
- dawson walks joey home
- reckless | THE DEVLINS
- jack and joey
- intimacy | THE CORRS
- jen and ty talk
- wait for the way | BETH NIELSEN CHAPMAN
- andie hugs jack; dawson consoles joey
- From the interactive site "Dawson's Desktop". Pacey is suspended and tries to write an e-mail to Andie on Dawson's laptop
- To: AMcphee
- From: PWitter
- All right. Here it is, the Pacey Witter apology. Though, technically, I think you should apologize to me for not standing by me through all this. OK probably not the best approach
- To: AMcphee
- From: PWitter
- OK can we just call a truce? Maybe if we just kind of extracted "right" and "wrong" from the equation, we could just declare neutrality and progress with our relationship. I want you in my life and this week without you sucked...
- very classy, Witter. This week without you sucked???
- Never mind.
Notes and references
- ↑ The episode placed in the 2018 EW Dawson's Creek: The 12 best episodes (April 2018)
- ↑ Greg Berlanti, ‘Dawson’s Creek’ And ‘Brothers & Sisters’ Executive Producer, Talks TV Gay Characters (October 2013)