- ❝ You have the right to say whatever you want when it comes to how you feel ❞
- —Audrey to Joey
AN AWKWARD DINNER - Pacey (Joshua Jackson) decides to throw a large dinner party at Grams' (Mary Beth Peil) house to reunite all of his high-school friends, but the gang is in for a surprise when they witness kiss between Dawson (James Van Der Beek) and Jen (Michelle Williams). As the evening goes on, Joey (Katie Holmes) struggles in how she feels about this new development.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Mary Beth Peil as Evelyn Ryan
Special Guest Stars
- ❝ Joey, it hurts to be around you...I see you even from across the room and it brings up a thousand memories. Not just of us, but of my entire life before. It's like I'm frozen in this place I can't bare to be. I care about you so much. As long as I can remember, everything's always come back to you and no matter what was happening between us even the thought of you was at least a constant comfort, but I can't go back. It just hurts. Something shifted when my father died; something was lost. And uh, part of me, the part of me that was still hopeful just thought that maybe you and I could be on hold and then all of a sudden this path that I was on, that seemed like such a great idea when I started it, just didn't make any sense. And the more I tried to stick to my routine, the harder it was to breathe. And when Jen and I got out of town, it was like starting over ❞
- The gang all discover Dawson's and Jen's newfound relationship with differing reactions.
- Audrey and Grams meet for the first time.
- nice day | SALTEENS
- jack, joey and audrey in the kitchen as pacey prepares dinner
- everybody loves you | GELLER
- jack and jen talk
- you're in my love | SINEAD LOHAN
- dawson and jen in the attic