BLAME IT ON THE MOON – On edge because of the ominous full moon, Dawson (James Van Der Beek) and Joey's (Katie Holmes) budding romance is overshadowed by the continuing deterioration of Mitch (John Wesley Shipp) and Gale's (Mary-Margaret Humes) marriage and Dawson's shattering discovery of his parents' Thursday night secret. Meanwhile, a promising first date is interrupted when Pacey (Joshua Jackson) gets a disturbing glimpse into Andie's (Meredith Monroe) home life, and Jen (Michelle Williams) plays with fire when she dates a mysterious older man (guest star Joe Flanigan).
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Mary-Margaret Humes as Gale Leery
- John Wesley Shipp as Mitch Leery
- Mary Beth Peil as Evelyn Ryan
Special Guest Stars
- Meredith Monroe as Andie McPhee
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Monica Keena as Abby Morgan
- Leann Hunley as Tamara Jacobs
- Joe Flanigan as Vincent
- Caroline Kava as Andrea McPhee
- by moonlight many years ago
- my true love did I know
- by that moon I begged her wake
- but that night did she go
- young lovers – heed my word!
- don't squander love away
- the moon is changing ever still
- soon comes the light of day
- First appearance of Andie and Jack's mother
- Jack and Andie had an older brother named Tim, who was killed in a car accident in November 1997
- Jen tries to return to her New York behaviour, but it's obvious she can't.
- Andie and Pacey plan a first date.
- catch the moon | MARC JORDAN
- joey sketches at the ice house
- secret smile | SEMISONIC
- jen and vincent
- hands | JEWEL
- end montage sadness