- ❝ Nobody's suited for public ridicule, Andie, you just deal with it ❞
REVELATIONS – In a compelling two-part episode, the Capeside High School gossip mill kicks into overdrive after Jack (Kerr Smith) bears his soul in a English assignment and is forced to expose his innermost secrets while reading the poem aloud in class, leaving Dawson (James Van Der Beek), Joey (Katie Holmes) and Andie (Meredith Monroe) shaken by the implications of what it all means. Meanwhile, Pacey (Joshua Jackson) tries to defend Jack in the face of an adversarial teacher, and Jen (Michelle Williams) finds her latest suitor Ty (guest star Eddie Mills) is full of surprises.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Nina Repeta as Bessie Potter
Special Guest Stars
- Jesse Jankowsky as Student #3
- Mike Johnson as Student #2
- Jenifer Kruskamp as Sherry
- Matt Lutz as Student #1
- Richard K. Olsen as Mr. Milo
- Irene Ziegler as Jane Markey
- Today was a day the world got smaller, darker
- I grew more afraid
- Not of what I am, but of what I could be
- I loosen my collar to take a breath. My eyes fade
- And I see... Him. The image of perfection
- His frame strong, his lips smooth. I keep thinking, "What am I so scared of?"
- I wish I could escape the pain, but these thoughts, they invade my head
- Bound to my memory, they're like shackles of guilt
- God, please set me free
- Free from the pain and this guilt
- So that I may face Tomorrow, Today
- ❝ Pacey Witter is leaving early, to do homework ❞
- —Dawson to Jack and Pacey
- ❝ Peterson makes him read his poem in class and he starts crying. Here's the best part: the poem... is about a guy. McPhee is a total homo ❞
- —Three horrible high school guys
- ❝ You've heard about it? I've heard everything from 'Jack is seen regularly wearing dresses down main street to he's checked into a monastary to deal with his sexual ambivalence ❞
- —Joey to Dawson
- ❝ The hell I can't, I've been waiting to fail you all quarter! ❞
- —Peterson to Pacey
- ❝ I didn't need a hero! I recognise it's an addiction of yours, but this is an instance where you should've just keep your nose out of it ❞
- —Jack to Pacey
- ❝ In my lifetime, Pacey, I will never be ashamed of you ❞
- ❝ While I respect this system, I don't respect men like you, Mr. Peterson. I don't, I can't and I never will ❞
- —Pacey to Principal Markham, Mr. Milo and Peterson
- This is the first episode where all three male leads hang out alone together.
- Mr. Milo informs Pacey that he has received two As and three Bs on his midterms.
- Pacey's poem is entitled Ode to the Sports Car.
- Dawson guesses at whether Joey's online handle is JuicyJoey or PerkyPotter while Joey retorts whether his is SpielbergStud.
- People at Capeside High print Jack's poem and post it everywhere.
- Pacey is suspended for a week.
- slide | GOO GOO DOLLS
- pacey twirls andie
- know what you mean | SISTER 7
- dawson and joey; andie and pacey
- I do | LISA LOEB
- jen and ty on the phone
- come rain or come shine | HAROLD ARLEN
- performed by jenifer kruskamp
- walk slow | CHRIS ISAAK
- jen and ty
- in my life | TRINA HAMLIN
- jack and andie; joey visits dawson
- smoke | NATALIE IMBRUGLIA
- pacey in the office; pacey and andie
- only lonely | HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH
- jack and joey hug
- From the series interactive feature, Pacey's two assignments
- Pacey Witter
- Creative Writing
- Mr. Peterson
- Poetry Assignments
- I'd buy the Viper
- if I had twenty-five grand
- I don't, so I can't
- SONNET (ODE TO THE SPORTS CAR)
- Shall I compare thee to my favorite Porsche?
- Thou art almost as lovely as its shine
- Thou surely art more lovely than some Borscht.
- and lovelier still since my dear you're mine
- How do I find the words to say "you drive?"
- I'm grounded cause I stole my father's car
- I'm grateful that your car is still alive
- without it you and I would not get far
- So even though you drive like you're on crack
- I like to watch your face behind the wheel
- and though we may be dead before we're back
- I still think you're the only thing that's real
- I'd choose you o'er a sports car any day
- but both would be ideal I have to say!